Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Politically Correct

So I have realized that I really need to write more of these. It has been a couple of weeks now since I last wrote anything actually. In my defense though, I have been very busy with studying Revelation for Wednesday nights and that has drained me a bit when it comes to writing I guess. I have been looking at the jar off and on for a couple of weeks. Anyway, I decided that tonight would be the night to get back to it. So here it is.

What are some of your political views? What characteristics do you want to see in our Presidents?

I thought it was kind of funny to draw out this question at this point seeing as how at the time I was just discussing with a friend about the fact that President Obama has been on TV more in his first 100+ days in office than I remember Bush being in 8 years it seems like. I realize that this isn't the case (yet) seeing as how President Bush had to give 8 State of the Union addresses, but it's sure getting close. I think maybe he likes to use the teleprompter a little too much. By the way, do you think he uses it when he's having a conversation with Michelle? Ok, that is way off point I know.

I guess where my political views are would depend on who you ask. If you ask me, I would say that I am an independent moderate for the most part. If you asked Roni, she would tell you that I was more liberal now than I was a few years ago, and if you asked some of my more liberal friends, they might tell you that I am a conservative. About all of this I will say that I really don't care about politics all that much. It is not something that has ever really held a great deal of interest for me. What I want is a person who will come in and do what is actually best for those people who don't have the luxury of money, even though they are gainfully employed and such. I'm tired of all the "I'll give you this if you will give me that" type of things that go on. I don't understand why there is so much red tape with things at times. It's kind of like serving...you see a need so you do what needs to be done to meet that need. Not all of this other stuff.

I believe that we should be taking care of the poor and doing our best to bring peace to this world, even if it is just a very small part of it at a time. I believe that all people have rights, not just the people who yell the loudest about it. I think that if we would begin to treat others with some respect and if we actually acted in love it would make a difference. We wouldn't have a need for all the politics then. Do I think this will happen? Not really. I think it would help though.

As far as our presidents go, I want someone who will get in do their best to do what they actually said they were going to do. I want hem to be concerned about what needs to be done to bring about a bit of peace. Be a leader and do the right things consistantly. That is what I really want.

I want it to be that we are no longer concerned about liberal and conservative, but rather about what is right and what is good and what is best for all of us. I want leaders who are trying to do what is actually right not just what is easy. I think if we can have a President who will take a stand and do that which is right, we would begin to see the crap of politics begin to wane and we could actually get done the things that need to be done to help (re)build this country. Peace and Love y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment