Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Nothing to Fear but Fear Itself

What are you frightened of? Why?

I guess I could say that it is something easy like snakes or spiders or underlines that won't go away on here. Those would all be too easy really; spiders bother me more than really scare me, snakes are things I just avoid if at all possible, and the underline? Well that is just a pain in the butt really.

There are other things I could say too. Things like death and dying. But death itself has no real fear for me (I fear it for what it would mean for my family) and dying just depends on how.

The things that I am really frightened of are the things that I can't really control. I am afraid of something happening to my children- to Averi or Aspen or Knight. I am afraid of something happening to Roni and being without her. These are things that really truly frighten me. The reason is because of the fact that I love each of these people so much, so deeply, that I find it hard to envision what it would be like to not have one of them here with me.

I also have a fear of not being able to take care of my family. This scares me because of knowing that I am responsible for lives other than just my own. I want to be able to give them all the best that I can and to be sure that they are provided for. The thought of not being able to do this is something that scares me on a very deep level. I will do whatever it takes to be able to make sure they all are taken care of to be best of my ability.

So there it is. That is what really frightens me above all other things. Probably not the most insightful of writings, but it's the truth. Peace and Love y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment